Personally, I get an instant headache from perfumes and some cleaners. I'd much rather smell a real lemon than lemon-scented cleaner, how about you?
- Remove the source of the odor
- Simmer cloves and cinnamon in water to freshen the air, or simply open the windows.
- Baking soda! It can absorb smells on carpets, in garbage cans, in the refrigerator, or in the disposal.
- Invest in some Essential Oils - they are all natural and provide a pretty potent fragrance! Use them on a cloth laid on your bathroom counter, or put a couple of drops on a light bulb (not sure how this works with CFLs - anyone know?)
- Burn soy candles with all natural wicks (clean burning)
- As an alternative to hot flames near children, check out Scentsy wickless candles - it melts the wax using a low voltage light bulb and the smell radiates through you house, and is long lasting! (my friend Emily just started selling these, and I am hooked!)
What are your other suggestions for natural odor removal and control in your home?