Recent Posts

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Going outside your comfort zone

One of my frequent customers requested a custom order that at first scared me off a bit; it seemed too complicated. But after a little more discussion and thought, I decided I could make something I'd be proud of - and decided to step out of my comfort zone a little. Here is the result - gnome and toadstool longies!



It took a little more work, but it felt good to let my creativity shine. Plus, I was able to work with one of my best customers and get her something she truly wanted - and that feels good! Now, I can't say I can ever create these again - they are truly one of a kind! Each piece was cut free-hand.

Sometimes it's good to think outside the box you create for yourself. This summer I also set a goal to be able to run a 5K - and started the Couch to 5K training program (Yes, I truly was a couch potato...and I'm going into week 5 already and can run for 5 minutes!) Is there something you've tried recently that you were hesitant at first, but once you did it, you were happy? Please share!

2 comments:

Joy said...

completely adorable longies! good job.

Lil' Fish Photography said...

Hot yoga was one of them, but then I fell in love with it. Sewing pillows was another! I was so worried they would look horrible and be a waste of money and resources, but I love the way they turned out.

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for sharing your comment. - Jen

Related Posts with Thumbnails