Recent Posts

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Polishing silver without toxic chemicals


If you're lucky enough to have some real silver pieces, you know that they do have to be polished from time to time. The commercial silver polishes contain harsh chemicals, but you can clean them without exposing yourself and your family to them.
I found this article (look for "make your own silver dip") which explains how to do it with simple household ingredients, and I'm happy to say it worked! I had two piggy banks that needed the tarnish removed, and after sitting for about 5 minutes in the solution plus some rubbing, most of it came off! I will say it may not have gotten off all of it, but it's definitely shiny, and I'm glad it was natural!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for sharing your comment. - Jen

Related Posts with Thumbnails